Genesis are working with our client who are looking for a Service Engineer (Electrical bias) to cover the UK and Ireland.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Coordinate installation technical service and on occasions to provide product training to clients and more junior technicians on machinery.
• Devise control systems to monitor both electrical/electronic and mechanical faults;
• Establish techniques to improve quality, durability and machine performance;
• Evaluate application problems that can occur on-site where necessary;
• Examine and advise customer regarding equipment malfunction and service issues;
• Carry out calibration of machine tool and generator setting for NADCAP audits;
• Technical telephone support to the customer involving first line application problems;
• Repair or modify P.C. boards / Carry out software updates;
• Relevant City & Guilds qualifications / HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
• Expertise in electrical/electronic practises and experience in pneumatics and hydraulics;
• Excellent IT skills for networking, software updates and reporting;
• Possess technical curiosity and ability to diagnose and solve production issues;
• Must be willing to spend on average 1 night per week in hotel accommodation;
• Ability to produce technical reports.
• Experience in operating and fault finding on EDM machinery.
• Degree or equivalent in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
• Competitive salary, depending on skills and experience
• 33 days holiday including bank holidays
• Private Health Insurance, pension
• Company Car