To immediate supervise and train a team of up to 15 employees in their production activities to:
- Achieve agreed output targets within set safety and quality standards
- Ensure all customers receive their orders on time and in full, within cost plans
- Organise production operators on a daily basis to manufacture and complete all of the Sales orders
- Ensuring all Production operators are working to the correct quality standards
- Deputise for the Production Supervisor
- Considerable manufacturing experience with Previous Leadership Experience
- Practical hands on approach to problem solving with Experience of working to production targets
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and 5S & COSHH Regulations
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and rework
- Able to work as part of a team & train trainee operators
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and impact of failure/cost of poor quality
- Strong organisation skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Be both professional and structured in approach
- Have a high level of commitment, flexibility and a willingness to learn
- To oversee Key process within a production section: Take Off & Inspection - Deliver neatly presented stacks of correctly-labelled and quality-checked product to the Goods-Out team.
Rework & Packaging – To organise the repair and/or cut
the correct internal dimensions and deliver to the Goods-Out team
- In conjunction with the Production Supervisor, ensure compliance with Company EHS & Housekeeping policies and standards
- Quality Control, Compliance and continual Improvements
- Communication to production operatives of performance and departmental issues
- Ensure production capability are met day to day with minimum wastage and efficient labour utilisation.
- To assist in development and training to all operators.
- Resolve day to day production issues in timely fashion to minimise lost production.
- Ensure material & tooling transactions are correctly documented in production areas.
- Use systems and processes in place to manufacture to standards and to control production operators.
- Deliver training and development against plans for employees to ensure that all necessary skills are available to meet foreseeable needs of department plan.
- Ensure effective communications both verbal and written to and between all departments and all levels
- Temp to Perm Position; £11.31ph rising to £12.12 after 12 weeks.
- 39 hours per week (between the hours of 7am and 7pm