- Job Reference: Brett Martin
- Date Posted: 7 September 2017
- Recruiter: Genesis Employment Services Ltd
- Location: Coventry
- Salary: £19,000 to £21,000
- Sector: Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Samantha Hunter
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 02476 553553
Genesis are currently recruiting for Production Operatives to work for a global and UK supplier of plastic products on a permanent basis
You will be working on the Glass Reinforced Polyester line producing sheet plastic, monitoring quality and workflow and implementing corrective action when required to maintain high standard of quality. Working as part of a cell to ensure all customers orders are manufactured on time to the correct specification, as efficiently as possible in line with current legislation.
To collect and record production data to make sure KPI’s are being met and standards are maintained. To maintain high standards of housekeeping in line with the 5’s program, take part in WOW (War on Waste) continuous improvement projects as and when required and identify opportunities for improvement to processes or equipment.
· Supply and load raw materials i.e glass and chemicals to the line.
· Prepare carrier films and load them in the correct order by interpreting a complex schedule.
· Monitor the process and make adjustments that are necessary to ensure that a ‘right first time’ ethos is adopted and minimise the need for rework.
· Start up with the minimum amount of waste and achieve the desired sheet weight.
· Ensure that the section is clean & tidy, maintaining machinery and equipment.
· Be flexible in regards overtime as and when required by the department.
· Undertake any other general tasks deemed necessary by the Team leader/Supervisor/Head of Department
Essential skills and experience
Good general health; agile & capable of handling glass mat rolls and roving cheeses (about 25Kg).
GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent).
Experience of working in a production environment