You will be working as part of a manufacturing cell applying resin, glass and additives to a film to create a laminate sheet used in roof construction.
You will be ensuring all orders are manufactured on time to the correct specification by collecting and recording production data, ensuring KPI’s are being met and standards are maintained.
- Supply and load raw materials i.e glass and chemicals to the line.
- Prepare carrier films and load them in the correct order by interpreting a complex schedule.
- Use a combination of schedule information, daily running conditions and historical production records to help support the Team leader.
- Monitor the process and make adjustments that are necessary to ensure that a ‘right first time’ ethos is adopted and minimise the need for rework.
- Start up with the minimum amount of waste and achieve the desired sheet weight.
- Run the section in the absence of the Team leader and will be supported by a ‘flexible operator’
- Ensure that the section is clean & tidy, maintaining machinery and equipment
- Be flexible in regards to overtime as and when required.
- You must be in good general health; agile & capable of handling goods of about 25K.
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Experience of working in a production environment
- Experience of using daily production schedules to plan manufacturing activities.
- Be computer literate
- Ability to learn quickly and respond quickly to production problems.
- Ability to remain focussed and alert under pressure.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience with working to high standards of Manual Handling, Health & Safety, first aid, COSHH & Fire safety standards.