Genesis Employment are looking for someone with previous payroll experience, or someone who has been in an Accounts role and has liaised very closely with the payroll department.
Based at our new Genesis Employment Head Office, Hay Lane in the heart of Coventry City Centre
Overall job purpose:
To provide high quality standards of payroll process, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and on time.
Along with the existing Payroll Team you will work efficiently to meet defined deadlines.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years payroll experience, processing start to finish
- Good understanding of systems and data maintenance
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have a positive can do attitude and enjoy a providing a high level of service
- Have a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet
- Ability to work under own initiative and demonstrate a proactive attitude
- Excellent keyboard/data entry skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Cooperative and willing to assist others
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Preperation and reconciliation of weekly & monthly payroll forover 400 workers
- Generating and processing timesheets & clocking in systems
- Generating client invoices weekly, liaising with clients and invoice queries
- Process starters, leavers and amendments ensuring weekly and monthly deadlines are adhered to.
- Resolve queries and issues raised by employees
- Responsibility for processing and reconciling own payrolls including financial journals.
- Accurate calculation of sickness absence, SSP and SMP
- To reconcile and send pension information through to the Pension Company
- Perform tasks in compliance with HMRC.
- Experience with Invoice Discounting an advantage
- General accounts processes (credit control, banking, etc.)
45 hours per week. Monday to Friday
Salary £21,000 - £22,000 + Excellent company benefits