Genesis are currently recruiting for a Fabricator/Welder for our client based in Coventry. You will be fabricating and welding sheet metal components for the specialised plant and equipment industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Ensure that the manufactured plant and equipment components meets the drawing specification and quality standards.
• Assist in the design by informing your Foreman of incorrect or faulty drawings.
• Ensure that prior to manufacture the correct materials are issued for manufacture.
• Keep all work areas in a clean, tidy and safe manner.
• Ensure that safe working practices are carried out.
• On occasion you may be required to assist your colleagues using the brake press, guillotine etc.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• An awareness of Health and Safety regulations is required
• Crane and lifting skills would be an advantage
• Reading and working from detailed drawings to produce one off fabrications using mild and stainless steel 1mm – 10mm thick
• Qualification in Sheet Metal/Fabrication and welding
• Experience using guillotine, brake press and Mig/Tig welding processes essential
• Current or previous coded welding a distinct advantage.
Pay: £13.00ph rising to £13.99 after successful completion of probation period.
Hours of work: Mon-Thur 7:30am - 16:00pm, Fri 07:30 - 14:45pm
Apply now or call Shannan on 02476 553553