- Job Reference: 00002350-1
- Date Posted: 19 November 2018
- Recruiter: Genesis Employment Services Ltd
- Location: Coventry, Midlands
- Salary: £30,000
- Sector: Sales & Marketing
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Mike Finnerty
- Email: email@example.com
Genesis are currently recruiting for our client within the Manufacturing/Engineering sector that are looking to add to their procurement team.
Purpose of the role
To purchase a range of raw and sub materials for the production process, to ensure the continuous availability that meet Production timing, cost and quality requirements
· Experienced / knowledge and exposure in planning and buying raw materials and parts within a Steel manufacturing environment.
· Comprehensive understanding of the procurement process and its importance to the overall function of the production division.
· Prepare management information reports on raw material market and procurement process activities and in order to ensure that managers have the information required to support decision making.
· Support and lead negotiation with existing and new suppliers, and monitor supplier performance.
· Plan and prepare for future tender activity in the current and next business year, selecting potential suppliers, preparing and issuing tender documentation when appropriate in order to ensure continuous provision of raw material supply.
· Analyse and if necessary adjust the shipment schedule according to the ongoing needs, in order to support the achievement of optimum stock levels on an ongoing basis.
· The generation of applicable performance measures, conducting root cause analysis when performance does not attain pre-determined levels of acceptability.
· Maintenance of planning data ensuring product is delivered in line with requirements, whilst maintaining pre-defined levels of inventory.
· Working as an extension of the Group Purchasing function, identifying total acquisition cost reductions and ensuring the organisations policies and procedures are adhered to.
· CIPS 4 Certificate
· Previous purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to read technical drawings
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Apply now or call Shannan for an informal, confidential chat on 02476 553553