Genesis Employment are acting behalf of our client who are one of The Midlands leading car component manufacturers. This is a 9-12 month maternity cover contract, starting immediately.
As the Indirect Assistant Buyer you will have accountability for the management of an assigned range of projects.
Objectives linked to the assigned projects for this role will include:
- Identify and deliver cost savings
- Process, analyse and report on all aspects of those goods and services
- To manage the relationships with suppliers, internal and external customers
- Achieve best prices and best value to support individual and group targets
- Contract management
- Take ownership of the assigned project activities for group and plantindirect spend
- You willAssist and support the Indirect Category Buyers in the execution of strategies, including negotiating and contracting with suppliers, evaluating on-going contract and supplier performance and measuring contract compliance
- Ability to deliver low – medium value projects from conception to contract with guidance
- You will conduct supply market analysis to identify relevant market perspectives and potential suppliers
- Assists the Indirect Category Buyers with ITT or RFQ documents
- Ability to identify cost saving opportunities
- The ability to establish and communicate the vision and direction for the project
- Delivery focussed with a pragmatic, hands-on approach
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the company and a flexible, common sense approach to work focussed on outcomes and business need.
- Commercial, with a proven track record of delivering savings to the business
- Some category knowledge of Indirect Purchasing would be preferred
- Ability to provide and act on robust analysis and statistical data
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and influencing skills
- Action orientated – Able to deal with problems in appropriate time frames
- Driven by results – Decisive, confident addressing problems and opportunities, challenging activities to improve performance, demonstrate willingness to challenge accepted methods and standards
- Effective communication – Clear concise written and spoken, ability at all levels, customer, supplier and internal
- Respect – establish and build relationships with a broad range of people, solve problem that require careful thought
- Strategic agility – recognition of a changing need and speed of response, rapid reaction to challenges
- High Standards – demonstrating a motivation to improve standards and thereby making a real difference, challenging inadequate solutions
- Integrity and trust – demonstrating a sense of commitment to openness, honesty, loyalty and high standards in undertaking the role. Respectful of the confidential nature of some of the work.
- People management – demonstrating commitment to working and engaging constructively with internal and external stakeholders
We regret our this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
Genesis Employment Services are an employment agency and we currently have permanent and temporary vacancies throughout The Midlands.
If you are looking for work in this area we may be able to assist you. Please contact us on 02476 553 553 to discuss your requirements with one of our dedicated consultants.